On the flip side, this has accelerated the need and the desire to reflect, seek change and take action, where the warrior in each of us is charging on during this new normal. From adjusting our state of mind to external changes in our living environments and practices, creative visionaries have never been challenged harder; responding directly with new trends where form and function are the focus, and practicality is essential. What is timeless is now the essence of success, as well as allowing users to discover true heritage and craftsmanship. Look and learn from Hermès 2021 Autumn and Winter Accessories collection, where shoes do the talking, intricately designed scarves are well positioned as artwork for your walls, a fully customizable bicycle oozes chic and a toddlers’ equestrian themed play range delights every nursery.
The BIRKIN 3 EN 1 Barénia Faubourg in calfskin and H canvas is constructed like a puzzle – two elements, three uses - which one can use independently or altogether. The handbag and inner pockets are enriched with functions, allowing you to have both a trompe-l’oeil Birkin bag, as well as a lightweight and portable tote to cater to different scenes. Meanwhile the HERMÈS GETA Mysore goatskin handbag is set to be a trendsetter. Shaped like an elongated H with a magnetic clasp, it evokes the characteristic profile and light snap of the traditional Japanese wooden sandals, whose name it bears. Other designs that illicit surprise include the Mules in Napa, whose heel as a clear ball has been constructed by Saint-Louis Crystal, known as the Father of French Crystal, to showcase how materials can cleverly merge and strengthen cross-border aesthetics. The HERMÈS DRESS CODE 90 cm double-sided diagonal woven silk scarf designed by American illustrator Daniel Clowes is another standout. Outlining mysterious objects from different eras, the moment captured by the lens is fixed on this double-sided silk scarf, which engage our emotions.
Homes have become the heart of our lives, and responding to this, Hermès' homeware designs live up to expectations, with collections that allude to elegance with a sense of whimsy. Case in point is their HIPOMOBILE porcelain tableware series which features an elongated horse by artist, Gianpaolo Pagni. One can mix and match freely with designs and colours to any extension – the horse body pattern imitating the uniform of a jockey makes the experience of using the tableware lively and fun. Exactly what we need to brighten up our spirits.
- HERMÈS TEA TIME SCARF 70 CM IN VINTAGE SILK (HK$ 2,800)
- BIRKIN 3 EN 1 BAG IN BARÉNIA FAUBOURG CALFSKIN, BARÉNIA CALFSKIN AND H CANVAS (HK$ 124,900)
- HERMÈS GETA BAG IN MYSORE GOATSKIN (HK$ 46,000)
- PICOTIN LOCK POCKETS BAG IN GOÉLAND CANVAS AND SWIFT CALFSKIN (HK$ 27,900)
- HERMÈS DRESS CODE DOUBLE-FACE SCARF 90 CM IN SILK TWILL (HK$ 5,100)
- ELEFTHERIA SCARF 90 CM IN SILK TWILL (HK$ 3,800)
- BAG IN WOOLY WOOLY CANVAS AND EVERGRAIN CALFSKIN (HK$ 70,100)
- HIGH-TOP SNEAKER IN CALFSKIN, KELLY BUCKLE (HK$ 9,700)
- FAUBOURG PARTY SCARF 100 CM IN CASHMERE AND SILK (HK$ 6,700)
- MULE IN NAPPA (HK$ 10,900)
- BRACELETS IN LACQUERED WOOD (HK$ 1,340 - 1,530), EARRINGS (HK$ 4,400) AND PENDANT NECKLACE (HK$ 3,400) IN LACQUERED HORN
- HIPPOMOBILE TEA CUP AND SAUCER IN PORCELAIN (HK$ 1,820)
- HIPPOMOBILE TART PLATTER IN PORCELAIN (HK$ 3,660)
- PARK BOTTLE BASKET IN WICKER AND BULLCALF AND INTERVALLE GLASSES IN CRYSTAL (HK$ 58,500)
- HIPPOMOBILE CAKE PLATTER IN PORCELAIN (HK$ 3,490)